Sunday 28 January 2007

A Silly Computer Tale

Hey People ~ Great news I'm back :)  Ok you can stop cheering now!!  Sorry I've not been around but here is my sorry tale to amuse you all ;)

The thing that made the computer go wrong which I was talking about in my last entry was me!!  The Saturday night it had crashed (AGAIN!!) so I thought on the Sunday that I could just reinstall Windows and it would be fine ~ after all that's all my brother did!!  So that's what I do.  Now the thing you have to remember with 'uber' computer is that it has several hard drives.  So I've loaded in Windows and it's fine, load in AoL and go to download the firewall and it's screaming at me that there is not enough memory.  I'm thinking that's insane coz it's 'uber' computer with bagfuls of memory.  Upon inspection though, Windows is already installed onto a different part of the computer.  Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

So I had two lots of Windows on my computer!!  That's why it was so embarrasing!!  I lost my rag big time coz I couldn't believe how stupid I had been!!  Common sense tells me Windows should go on Drive C not D!!  So I wait until I get to work the next day and I leave greg a message on myspace and tell him what I did but I thought I can fix this no problem!!

So I try to fix it on the Monday!!  By installing Windows again to a different drive.............easy right?  Ha ha ha..............No!!  This time the computer throws a proper wobbly and tells me Drive C is corrupted and cannot be repaired!!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...................  This time I sit here at the computer desk and laugh!!

Again I send a message to Greg as there is no way I was gonna get around it this time!!  He rings me up to say he's buying a new hard drive as there is clearly a problem with it!!  I've lost count of the times it's crashed!!

So I have to wait a week for it to be delivered and for him to come round (AGAIN) and fix it in!!  A whole week without a computer ~ no journal reading or entries made ~ no changing the playlist on my MP3 player ~ ugh it was very odd!!

He came round on Thursday last week and fixed it!!  So far so good *fingers crossed*  keep them crossed peeps ;)  I thought I had lost all my music but as I was falling asleep that night I got a text to say he'd saved all of it except a couple of things I had downloaded recently *yay*

It's working and I'm on download frenzy again ;)  Well need new songs on the MP3 lol...............I had to replace Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze, brilliant album and also the first complete album that I've EVER downloaded.  Memories lol

So work isn't great at the moment but on Friday it was a bit better.  We'll just wait and see what the week ahead brings huh??

Otherwise changes made to journal - please note the colour change, a new pic of me and new stuff in the about me column ;)

Well I don't wanna drag this entry out too much ~ just a quick one to let you know I'm still here and you can't get rid of me that easily lol

Love y'all

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Jen. Glad you got the pc up and running again. B. x

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally got it fixed! I fixed mine by reinstalling Windows but it didn't have the problems yours seemed to have .... thankfully! Have a good week at work! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I messed up my computer when I first got it big time and it required formating the C drive (my only drive) and re-installing Windows XP.    I don't want to have to do that again.    I am glad that Greg got it fixed for you and you did not lose too much.    mark

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back... did miss you!
By the way, very nice new pic, you look lovely :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

lol destructive my mother messes up this computer thats why i want my own

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back ,Jen ,so pleased Greg was able to fix the computer for you ,love your new look .hope all goes well at work this week ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

LOL, your talking my language believe it or not. I was definately not a computer geek when I first got mine. I swear it was in the shop every other month from something I did or downloaded , etc. Now no problem a year and a half later, I can pretty much do it all. Not sure if we've met properly since you were away, I'm Indigo and have just newly joined J'land as of Dec. I find your adventures refreshing. Your only human like the rest of us LOL. (Hugs) Keeping my fingers crossed on the new hard drive. Indigo

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back, you was missed. I am glad your pc is running ok now. At least you tried to fix the problem. but maybe next time leave it to Bruv,lol.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I would have lost my rag too..haven't said that in years... ;-)
have good week..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Yay!!  So glad you're back.  I think, like me, you should leave all the technical stuff to the experts.....I've lost count the number of times I've had to be rescued from myself!
Hugs,
A xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen
Great to see you back........and glad to hear 'Uber' is feeling much better now :o)
Luv jayne x

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you had gone thought you had maybe emigrated or something, to get away from all the cold weather you have had lately. Nice to see you back. Love Joan.