Thursday 22 May 2008

A Day of Emotions

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to think or feel ~ this is ridiculous!!!   If you want to know what I'm talking about if you live in the UK just watch the national news!!  Otherwise click on this link...............CLICK HERE  This should take you to our local newspaper website.

Basically some bloke set off a bomb in a restaurant in town at lunchtime and there was another but the police managed to stop that one.  The only person injured was the bloke who set it off but oh my god...............this kinda stuff doesn't happen in my part of the country, and now they are saying it's related to Islam, which is scary!!!!

It goes to show how much we are not used to dealing with this kind of thing as the police have asked officers from London to come down and help with the investigation, plus apparently MI5 are involved!!!!!!

What has this world come too?  I'm just thankful that no-one was hurt apart from the complete and utter ejit that did it!!  They are saying that he has a history of mental illness, well if that's the case who on earth let him take a bus from Plymouth to Exeter today??  Questions need answering people!!

Such a day of emotions..........I'm not sure I can cope anymore!

Jan guessed correctly I had a job interview :o)  I didn't wanna tell my work colleagues were i was going, at the end of the day it was none of their business and I was very lucky that I was given the 9.15am slot which meant I could go to work just arrive late.  I told them I was going to the Doctors.  Almost got away with not saying anything until yesterday when I reminded them I was going to be in late and my team leader asked why!! 

Anyway I made my way into town via bus at 8.30 and the bus arrived quite quickly so I wasin town by 8.40am.  I actually went and sat in Princesshay waiting for the time to tick away and trying not to get nervous!!!  It's so freaky to think I was there before the bomb went off!! 

So eventually I went to my interview and it went okay.  It was at the Register Office and the post is Administrator but the money is the same.  I just want a change of scene but I can't afford to take a dip in wages.  I even made mistakes when I was writing my name and address damn it!!!!  Still they said they would make a decision by the end of the week so I guess I just wait and see.

I'm not sure how i feel about it all now though..............on one side I know I don't really fit in where I work at the moment, don't enjoy the job, and there are changes a foot which could mean it would get worse.  But..........if I'm offered the job do I take it?  Is it really gonna make a difference?  The hours are 8.30-5 although there is some flexibility with that and some Saturday mornings which doesn't bother me coz I tend to spend weekends doing nothing..............well some of them anyway!!!  I'm just not sure.........and I've spent all day in this state of unsuredness (is that even a word LOL)

This only stopped when Wayne sent me a link for BBC news website saying about the explosion.  I soon got the whole office talking about it!!

So that was the day, but it didn't end there.  I get home and start watching the regional news full of the days events and my brother rings.  I had completely and utterly forgot that he had started a new job in Exeter on Monday!!!!!   Luckily he was ok :o)  Apparently though his office was in the cordoned off area, but the police hadn't told them, so when they walked out later in the day the police looked them as if to say 'what are you doing there?'  LOL.............. He managed to get home coz he doesn't park near the office.

He did say that we would meet up next week for a meal or something :o)  That will be nice.

I tell you what it is so scary to see the pics of the town absolutely devoid of people :(  it's ridiculous...............

Anyway I am going to Trina's to baby-sit the cats this weekend as Wayne and Trina are off to Glasto-budget.  I can now access the internet down there which is good so I shall catch up with the journals, I'm sorry I have neglected you for the past couple of days.

I may even write an entry whilst I'm there ;)

So take care peeps and enjoy your weekend x

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, wow, that is really scary. Thank goodness no innocents were hurt. We haven't heard anything on our news yet, but I have it on and I'll watch to see if they talk about it.

Glad your interview went well! If you're feeling conflicted, maybe a list of pros and cons would help.

Enjoy your weekend!

Beth

Anonymous said...

yikes thats horrible

Anonymous said...

I watched on the news this evening about the explosion really scary, good about the interview and hope you are successful.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, i didn't hear anything about the bomb, and yes that really is scary.  Good luck with the interview, they will be mad not to offer you the job - and a change of job is just what you need right now.
take care, luv Jaynee X

Anonymous said...

We have become so aware of all the terroristic acts in the world since 9/11 here on this side of the pond.  I'm glad no one was hurt.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Scary indeed Jen! Glad you and your brother are okay.

As for the job, I think Beth has a good idea - write a list of pros and cons and see which job comes out on top.
Glad the interview went well.

B. x

Anonymous said...

stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, I just read the paper and totally freaked. You popped straight Into my head and i came online to see if you had posted. You must have got such a fright my lamb. This Is so surreal!. It Is awful to think that you were there beforehand. It just goes to show that It affects us all. I hope someone is held accountable for this. It doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened if It had all gone to plan. I am so pleased to know you are okay. Just give yourself some time to get your head round this. It Is a really massive shock to the system. Remember that you Trina and Wayne are always In my thoughts! ;-) Good Luck with the Job. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Man that is scary-so close to you and yours.What is wrong with people.Have people grown heartless?Or do they think we just come back to life like a video game?I'll never understand how people can say they do this stuff in the name of religion....HOLY CRAP!!!
So glad no one, specially our Jenny,was hurt...
I f you feel you're an outsider at work that makes you too uncomfortable to do your work then maybe a change is what you need.
Take care sweetums
connie

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the job interview ~ hope they offer it to you ~ That bomb explosion was very scary it was on the news here ~ and again just a little while ago ~ glad the only person hurt was the monster who started it ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Gosh Jen!! a beautiful place like that you wouldn't think it.  Always nervous at interviews, hope you hear soon, waiting's terrible too. Rache

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read about the bomb going off where you live.    At least the person was caught and it appears he was mentally ill, and not necessarily part of a larger conspiracy.   I really appreciate your concern for me during my back surgery.    I am sorry I did not write to you sooner, but I have not been on the computer much, and my alert's are off, as I can never keep up with them.    I am as active as possible following surgery doing work in my yard and helped with the cleanup next door following my neighbor's death.    His trailer he lived in was torn down for scrap metal, as it was in bad shape.    It was infested with mice in the walls.    The person doing the demolition hauled away the metal, and I put any usable fiberglas insultion in plastic bags to use sealed up in the plastic for my new building in the attic.   Now I am starting to work on my building a little which means climbing on a ladder which I don't like.    I hope your application is accepted and that you will be called for the new job Jen.    mark

Anonymous said...

Gosh Jen I heard that news report about the bomb ,little did I think it was so close to you ,thankgoodness you are alright ,Maurice was heard to say if they want to blow our country up ,they should bring back hanging ,and Im inclined to agree ,there is no excuse for it ,Anyway enough of that ,I hope the out come of the interview is good ,dont worry about how you are feeling ,when you apply for a new job you always feel that way ,I hope you get it ,they dont deserve you where you are now ,so good luck dear ...love Jan xx