Wednesday 14 November 2007

Tiredness and Plane Journeys

Evenin' all............................ (oh no I'm using the ..........'s again!!) That is not actually how I wanted to start this entry.  It was supposed to more like:

Uuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

That's how I've felt pretty much all day!!  I won't say too much about it coz obviously with me and gigs there will be a write up to come ;-)  but I shall just say it was flippin' AWESOME.  I didn't get home till 2am and then had to work today, that's hardcore for ya lol.........or blikin' stupidity!!  But I did manage to last until 5pm at work so that was impressive, considering I felt really tired and achey!!  However the bigger down side is that my right arm is killing me, it doesn't like gripping and pulling and I can't figure out what I've done to it!!  It's aching typing this so this won't be a long entry lol  Trina seems to think it was coz I was pointing and clapping a lot, but I don't know to be honest!!  :(  *sympathy please*  I'm only asking for some coz I didn't get any at work.

Mind you work was quite funny.  Although I only told team leader and one of my colleagues where I was going they all seemed to know that I was gonna be tired, so of course I got quite a few jokes about that.  For example I went up to the store room to find something and team leader joked that I was going up there for a nap!!  *rolls eyes*

Anyway it was a darn good gig and it was a good rehersal for going to Cardiff and the same arena to see Bill and the Kaiser Chiefs!!  That's not a band by the way LOL........sounds funny bill and the kaiser chiefs..............LOL..............oh dear, see I am tired!!  (so what am I still doing up writing this entry then I hear you say?)

I've decided coz I don't have any decent news and I have to make a note of what happened last night before i forget I would post the first entry to my travels......Wednesday postings will be for travels :-)

So here it is........................

Trip to Germany July 2007

Wednesday 18th July

Day off ~ stayed at home and listened to music via Windows Media Player most of the day. I also packed and cleaned the flat. I left home at about 3.30pm to catch the 4.15pm train to St David's and meet up with Trina. Whilst i was waiting at the station her train went passed. She said she waved but at the time I was texting her so I didn't see her!! Eventually met up with her at St David's and we went to the platform to wait for the train to London. It was delayed by about 10 minutes. We got on and found our seats but they were in the quiet zone!! I was not amused but listened to my MP3 player anyway ~ sod 'em!! Got to London Paddington about 7 or 8ish, so we decided to get some food before going onto Heathrow. Sat and ate a Burger King. Trina tried to get tickets for Heathrow Express who wanted to charge about £60. She tried a different train and we got tickets in the end for £12 return. These were for Heathrow connect which would take longer to get there and stop at every station between Paddington and Heathrow but a much better deal. So we waited for that train! We eventually get to Heathrow and managed to find our way out to the taxi rank fairly easily!! Signs are quite helpful really............We got into the next taxi waiting and told him where we wanted to go.......he'd never heard of it!! Nightmare!! It took him about 10 minutes to consult with Trina's hotel directions and his a to z to find the road we actually wanted and then we were off!! It took about 10 minutes to reach our destination. The reception lady booked us in and kindly agreed to book us a taxi for very stupid o'clock the next morning. 5.45am!! Luckily our room was right next to reception so we wouldn't be waking too many people up. We got into the room and made ourselves comfortable. Trina decided to use the loo and flushed it, but it didn't stop flushing!! She had to go to reception and get someone to come and look at it!! Some bloke came into the room and hit the button and it stopped. We watched a bit of TV and then went to sleep but it was VERY hot in that room!! Plus we had a very early start!!!

 

THURSDAY 19th JULY 2007

(Brian May's birthday)!! The alarm went off shockingly early!! We managed to get up though and have a quick wash, repacked and went out to the taxi. The only thing I remember so well about that taxi ride was a) the driver had really bad B.O!! and b) there were a lot of people about considering it wasn't even 6am!! But we got to Terminal 2 at Heathrow and joined the queue to check in. I was starting to feel nervous by this point coz it was showing me that it was really happening and there was no turning back now!! We eventually got checked in (the bags were fine ~ did wonder whether it would be overweight which would've panicked me LOL) and we made our way to departures. The signs were coming in handy again!! Yet another queue to get through security!! As it was only 6am and our flight wasn't boarding till 7.50am we had a bit of time to kill. Trina and I browsed through one of the shops. We were informed that some items we couldn't buy as we were travelling within Europe ~ what a swizz!! We decided to get Sandra (aka Cooper) a pressie as she was letting us stay at her house. We brought a bottle of Moet and Chandon in a pink case!! Note the Queen reference.......We decided the next thing to do would be get some food. We managed to find a Weatherspoons which was open and ordered some food. It was at the top of all the shops and there's a great viewing platform. I was getting excited by watching the planes coming into land. I tried to take a picture of one on my mobile but it didn't work very well. I had a breakfast bun and a cup of tea and I think Trina had something on toast and coffee. The more I thought about the flight the more panicky I was getting. Trina tried her best to calm me bless her!! After we finished brekkie we went and sat downstairs and waited for our gate to be announced. That was a nerve racking time waiting and watching and waiting, and waiting............ According to the signs some of the gates were miles away from where we were seated so we were silently praying it wouldn't be one of them. Our prayers were answered when it was announced. It was just a short walk and not 1/2 an hour away!! The lady at the gate checked us in again and at this point we could see the plane outside.........argh!! Panic was setting in good and strong now. There were not many people waiting, mainly blokes in suits. We took one of the free newspapers and Trina kept it as it had lions and tigers in it. We were waiting quite a while and when time came when we were supposed to be boarding nothing happened. This was not helping the nerves. The announcer told us that they were sorry for the delay and told us we could start boarding the plane. There was definitely no turning back now, but as Trina and I walked down the gangway to the plane I made references to me jumping out one of the windows that we were passing. I watch programmes like Airport and whatever that one was called on BBC1 and I assumed our plane would have 3 seats either side etc, but this one was titchy!! There were only 2 seats either side and it wasn't very long. Trina and I found our seats and settled in. The panic was really starting to mount now!! Trina suggested I read the magazine, only I couldn't understand it as it was in German!! The noise from the engine kept reminding me where I was and what was about to happen!! Usually whenever I travel somewhere I tend to remain on the ground travelling horizontally and here I was about to go vertical and it wasn't a good feeling!! As soon as the plane started moving, the stewardesses went through the safety instructions but the movements were making me feel horrible. The two businessmen sitting opposite Trina and I were probably thinking I was very weird. I was freaking out at even the slightest movement, it felt so odd, especially when the pilot speeded up to take off. You are kinda thrown back into your seat. By this point I was holding the magazine up to my face and covering my eyes. Trina was trying her damned hardest to calm me down, but I couldn't help it!! By the time the plane actually took off I was crying!! I'm not proud of it but the moment was just so freaky!! I couldn't believe it was actually happening and I should point out I am not good with heights, why do you think I've never been on the Eye!! Eventually I braved a look and at this point the plane started turning so you can only see land outside one window and sky out the other........I didn't like that and Trina very kindly shut the blind for me!! Bless her she really does have a heart of gold considering she puts up with me!!

Well that's the first section for you..........more next week or when I can't be bothered to write a proper entry lol

Love y'all

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

you wear me out just reading girl!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

You did come back to write about your journey, so you survived the flight. Awaiting next instalment :-)

Anonymous said...

You should have booked today off work! Glad you got through the day and your first plane flight! Must be something so weird with me ~ I love flying and I've never been the slightest bit afraid. I even get annoyed if people talk through the take off so I miss the roar of the engines! Lol! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

So pleased you had such a good time ,sorry about your pointing clapping arm ,glad you got through the day though ,well done what dediction to duty lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great you had such a good time sorry about the arm hope its better today.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I love it when you talk about awesome gigs. I end up feeling like I was there with you. How do you know it was a great one, the next day. Never fails does it? Keep the installments coming of your travels, I enjoy reading them. As for J-land being quiet. I was thinking the same thing the past few days. It's almost like a hush went out over the land.......(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm totally the opposite, I love flying.
Glad you enjoyed the gig and managed to get to work as well. I did my share of that years ago. Can't do itnow though.
B. x

Anonymous said...

I did NOT even know you were writing again!  Thank you so much for visiting my journal and leaving your link.  I love reading about your adventures and stuff.  And you've been up to a whole bunch of stuff.  I just read 3 entries. lol  : )  Shelly

Anonymous said...

I hope your arm is better soon. How annoying that it´s the right arm of all things. The arm you need for typing more! ;) I´m so curious about the gig!
I didn´t realize in July that you were so scared of flying! You described it so well that I really felt with you reading this ((hugs))
Was it better on your way back home?  luv coops.

Anonymous said...

oh hello. I thought you had gone into hibernation for a year.
Glad to see you are ok.

Anonymous said...

I see I spoke too soon about looking out the window!     I have understood that it is safer to fly statistically than drive.     That was some time ago and now the skys are getting more conjested.    I shouldn't have said that, sorry.     Anyway, you made it through it.    Your description of the hotel was interesting and a good read.   I think your arm was sore from lack of rest and I hope it has returned to normal.     mark