Saturday 10 November 2007

A short catch up entry

Ok well I promised you all a proper entry and I'm back..............for good?  Well who knows!!  I looked earlier to see when the last entry was posted before I took my leave and it was June.  That doesn't seem that long ago but when I think about stuff that has happened well I suppose it is!!  Barry seems to think this entry is gonna be a long one, but I'm gonna try and keep it small.........don't wanna bombard you with loadsa worthless information.  Here's what's happened during the last 5 months in a nutshell :-)

June - P was off sick from work so it was just me and team leader going through all the accounts etc.  At some point (I can't remember if I told you this or not) but my passport turned up.  I celebrated my 30th birthday which on the day was a quiet affair (I had the week off from work :-)  Trina, Wayne and myself went for a meal, but Trina put on a bit of a sketch for me and Wayne to find out what our presents were (he celebrates his birthday in June too.  She had paid for a trip to Germany to see our Roger board mates for me and a trip to Dublin for both of us to see the Foo Fighters/Nine Inch Nails live and booked all our leave from work!!  Bless her :-)

July - P still off work..............Went to Germany (first trip on a plane - write up of event to follow including pics) What else happened in July??  I can't remember!!  Oh, just been reminded went to Surrey to celebrate 25 years of Jacky running the Queen fanclub.  Also visited stonehenge!!

August - P still off sick.............Went to my first music festival in Stafford (rained all weekend - write up and photos to follow) then onto Dublin (another trip on a planewoohoo)  and Trina's bank holiday weekend bar-b-que.

October - P still off sick but trying to make a come back to work.  In the meantime we got given a temporary solution in the form of a colleague transferred from another team.  No gigs in October, just another We Will Rock You meet up, this month felt a bit pants actually.........became addicted to facebook (not a good thing LOL)

And that brings me to November.............the next two weeks are gonna be manic and I CANNOT wait here's why:  13th Foo Fighters, Cardiff, 17th Foo Fighters, London, 21st Bill Bailey, Cardiff, and the 24th Kaiser Chiefs, Cardiff.  I'm dead excited about all of those, I can barely contain it..........Mind you going to Cardiff 3 times in two weeks is a bit much!! lol ;)

So as you can see during my break I have not changed one little bit although I have lost a little bit of weight :-)  It's not just my imagination coz someone at work commented on it and at We Will Rock You meet up it was the first thing one of my mates commented on!!  I haven't really been doing anything differently just eating a bit better I guess and drinking a heck of a lot of water lol...........Here's a pic of me that was taken in August, just in case you've forgotten what I looked like ;)

Well I shall leave you here and give more in the future entries..........it is good to be back and I hope I haven't missed too much about you guys.  Why not give me a brief rundown in the comments...........

Love ya all 

p.s thanks for all the comments when I posted those silly little entries I really do appreciate it guys xx

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life takes precedence over J-land, and that's right and proper. Not commented much in the past, but as you post entries, you may well find me commenting. Have a good "rest of November".

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Jenny! Nice to know you haven't changed! How did you like your first flight? Sounds like you've got a busy month ahead, enjoy it!
What have I been doing? Well, we moved to a brand new hospital and in two weeks Andy and I are going to the Scottish Highlands. Andy was in hospital last week and so was I! I'm OK now, Andy is slowly getting there! Enjoy the weekend and happy very belated thirtieth birthday! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels  

Anonymous said...

So very nice to have you back ,I have missed you Jen ,but sounds as though you have been busy both at work and in your leisure time Trina is a good friend isnt she ,you sound as though you've had lots of fun ,A very happy belated 30th birthday dear ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

lol it has been a while and i have forgotten what you looked like thanks for the invite i cant believe you summarized 5 months like that.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you xx

Anonymous said...

wow! Good to read about you in your LJ again, Jen! Five months sice the last entry... time flies! I hope you have lots of fun at all the upcoming gigs! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Jenny is back... does a little happy dance :o)
Belated Happy 30th Birthday!
I did miss you.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Lol, I'm impressed Jen, five months in such a short entry. Not like you at all. ;O)
Nice to have you back.

B. x

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyy, welcome back Jenny, all those months squashed into one little blog. AMAZING!
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

Im new here so would like to say hello. . .been reading all about you. . lol.I know most of the people who have commented too so it all feels friendly. Looking forward to hearing more

Anonymous said...

Well,well well! How nice to see you back. Belated Happy Birthday. Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, good to 'see' you again! Sounds as though you have been having a good time and still more to come, so that's good.  I've been to Stonehenge recently too, exciting to see the stones reasonably up close. Well, just a little exciting.  Keep having fun.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen
Nice to have you back (please stay a while), hope you enjoyed your jland break, sometime you just need it.  Glad nothing drastic has changed in your life (unless you wanted it too!)  Gosh all these gigs sound absolutely fab, you've got a great group of friends - you enjoy it all).
Luv Jaynee x

Anonymous said...

No wonder you haven't been around. Sounds like you have been throughly enjoying yourself the past few months. You were missed in your absence. I totally understand needing to take a break from time to time. Glad your back hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

A late 'Happy 30th Birthday Jen'!!!     I could not even remember how old I was on a application a month ago and said I was 56 when I am still only 55.    I guess old age is setting in.    Your photo looks lovely and I can tell you look thinner.     Looking down at the landscape flying is always wonderful.     I am glad you have been enjoying your time off with your friends.     mark