Wednesday 18 May 2005

Wanna cold anyone??

Hello everyone - how are you all??

Don't even begin to talk to me about darn computers.  Basically I've lost my AOL welcome screen!!  To sign in I'm using their Dialler connection which is fine up till a point!!  This is not why I'm forking out my money for!!  I haven't got round to calling them yet.  Mainly because I'm tired and ill and don't think I'm in the best frame of minds to be dealing with it.  I thought I may be able to sort it out myself, you know uninstalling and reinstalling.  It's not made a slight bit of difference. I also wondered if maybe I had a virus but I did a check and everything seems to be ok so I've run out of options which means I think I'll have to do a whole system reinstall.  I'm not happy about this though coz it means all the little video clips Trina and I took over the tour I shall probably lose grrrr......This means I shall have to try and learn how to save these to disc.  Damn it why is nothing in life easy??

I've been typing up my memories for the last few days!!  So far I'm up to Birmingham, but I couldn't remember much of what happened so I've been on the boards reading other people's memories to remind myself :-)  Of course this has slowed me up coz I bump into people I met and start chatting.......

Work is ok!!  I'm quite surprised actually or maybe it's just the calm before the storm.  Pauline is going away for the next week or so, which means it'll just be me and team leader on our section.  I found out today that team leader has tuesday and wednesday booked at the same time as Pauline which means I'll be on my own arrrrghhh.............I'm soooooooooo not looking forward to that lol.........

They have put an advertisement in for a full time position to replace Richard.  Pauline asked on monday if I was gonna go for it but I thought nah I don't wanna.  On Tuesday team leader asked me if I was and I voiced my concerns with her that if I did I didn't wanna end up like Richard.  She was quite sweet about it, so I probably will go for it - well it does mean more money and there's never any harm in that is there lol.......Perhaps it'll fund another tour lol ;-)

I'm lookingforward to the weekend!!  I thought at the beginning of the week about going to see mum and decided I was too knackered to do so (sorry mum) but she's texted me to say she'll come down Saturday if I'm not doing anything - Yay!!  Should be good fun :-)

Well I don't know what else to say!!  Anyone wanna cold?? *snifs* *cough cough*

Take care everyone

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me a bit more about your AOL problem and I'll try and help.
There are some gremlins in the system just now.

Anonymous said...

Well, as you know I have lost all my graphics and pictures. I have tried Tech help, help on journals, all to no avail.  This evening I get the broadband upgrade, downloaded it, it crashed my computer and when I got it back I could no longer log on to aol!!!  I had to get son in law over to get rid of the upgrade and go back to original drivers.  I am sick and bloody tired of AOL I can tell you. Somone else had problems and she did the uninstall and reinstall and she said it made no difference.
Hope you feel better soon. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Shame about your cold but no, I don't think I want one thanks! Hope your computer gets sorted. I've got the new Welcome screen today. It's....interesting....
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

before you do a sytem re-install, upload anything precious into an email and send it to yourself. When you re-install AOL, all you have to do is open the email and D/L the stuff onto your puter again.................Jules xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're feeling poorly hon, everyone seems to have colds and coughs and stuff at the moment don't they :o(
Hope you get your puter probs sorted.  Absolutely no advice from me, I haven't the first clue!  My computer better never mess me around, it wouldn't ever get fixed if it did!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Sniff sniff......Already got it but thanks anyway.  It seems we`re in the same boat with our rotten colds Jen, as you said in the comment on my journal, we`ll have to be in sympathy with each other.  I haven`t had a cold for ages and I`m making up for it at the moment!   There is a problem with AOL, and they are aware and fixing it........so they say!  I hope WE feel better soon...lol   :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the computer - they drive me absolutely bonkers sometimes, the way they just decide to do something totally weird for no apparent reason! Do hope the blooming cold disappears soon - at least it didn't come while you were on holiday!

David.

Anonymous said...

Hope you dont mind having another reader for your journal.I had the same trouble with the welcome screen not loading at all and when it did it had icons missing. To solve it all I opened another user account on my windows software,then the aol loaded correctly and I still logged on to my own name there and hey presto!It worked a treat and there was no need to change any email adresses or anything.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back Jen, sorry for the cold though. Hmmmmm u in charge lolol, party time lolol........seriously you'll do a grand job.  It's good to see you here again.~xxR