Monday 30 May 2005

Part 4: The revenge of no sleep!!

Well it's a beautiful day I have no friends that live nearby that I can call on, can't drive, have no money and can't really be bothered to do anything.  So I'll give you another update instead ;-)

PART 4

I made myself comfortable as I was feeling very tired and not very energetic.  Sarah went off in search of food and not long after she'd gone a tea trolley lady appeared from the lift.  (There were many steps to get to the doors and someone had installed a lift for disabled people, I guess!!) Anyway she said she'd seen us from the window and thought we may like some food :-)  Top woman!!  After a while everyone played charades using Queen song titles.  It was quite good - here's an example........Gavin pinched Sarah's plastic fork broke it and threw it!!  I bet you can't guess what that was.....well break and throw - breakthru' LOL.......This gives you a clue to how tired I was, I was thinking breakforks??  Silly girl!!  I wanted to do hammer to fall but didn't have a hammer LOL..........Not long after this game was in full swing we were informed that if we wanted to be nearer to the stage we had to queue by another set of doors so we moved!!  At this other set of doors (which were actually in the train station, which meant it was warm and shelter :-) there was only a ribbon type barrier between us and about 10 different set of doors, still we formed an orderly queue and waited!!

Gavin, in this time came up with a fab idea.  Roger had been doing his 46664 campaign song 'Say it's not true' and asks if anyone is wearing any condoms.  Gavin suggested that when he does that we should throw condoms at him.  Everyone agreed it was a fab idea!!  So Michelle and someone else went shopping and came back with about 3 boxes each with 36 condoms in each one.  Apparently Boots were doing buy 2 get one free offer LOL...........They handed them out and we decided the best moment to throw them.  This was gonna be funny!!

Around 3ish myself, Michelle and Jamie went round to the back exit which was on the main road, to see the guys arriving.  I had to take Cat's mobile as mine had no money and if anything exciting happened I had to ring them.   After a while of standing round there Jamie complained she was cold and went back to queue bless her!!  We were all pretty cold but she's from California so she must have felt like an ice bucket!!  Michelle and I remained, so we got to talking.  I had read all her on QOL were there was a thread all about her.  Basically she quit college about two months before she was due to qualify and took out a £5000 loan to follow the guys on tour.  To date she had done every gig bar 4 when she had, had to go home and get some more money.  She was a lovely girl and although secretly I was jealous of her I thought she was very sweet.  Paul and his misses had taken a shine to her and Brian recognised her - not sure about Roger though!!

Eventually I called the girls as the security guard opened the gate and kept it open.  Sarah, Trina and one of the Maltese guys came round.  He was really funny and at one point I was quoting a Roger/John interview with him and the girls looked at us as if we should get a life LOL........Waiting for the cars got really annoying coz that particular part of the main road had traffic lights so every time a car was heading for the lights they indicated to turn and it looked like they were pulling up into the venue.  Luckily we knew the bands number plates ( we're not stalkers honest!!)  Brian turned up first and waved and stuck his thumb up.  The Maltese guy held his flag up and got in Sarah's way which was quite amusing!!  I decided to wait on the other side of the pavement for Roger coz I remembered that when he pulled up outside the Hilton he got out of the drivers side.  When his car did turn up, so did the bands bus!  Trina and Sarah almost killed themselves trying to get to my side.  We waved and shouted to Rog and I'm pretty convinced there was hand movement.  He'd blacked out his window so it was hard to tell.

Back in the queue which was now stretching around this sheltered area, Gavin constructed a mock up of the stage using the condoms and explained to James where he would want to be standing for a great view of Brian.  It was really funny!!  (Actually Trina videoed it and that was one of the videos I was trying to save which regulars will remember me moaning about :-)  About an hour before the doors were due to open some prat came and stood near us and said something like "Look I'm here an hour before and I'll still get to the front."  Well that was it MASS PANIC!!  Not just from us but from everyone who had queued nicely earlier as well!!  We all stood up and were suddenly surrounded by randoms, (name for people who don't turn up regularly!)  When the stewards eventually came out they decided in their infinite wisdom to open all the doors at the same time.  The ribbon barrier didn't help very much!!  We'd even told the steward that we'd been there since 8 (well some had!!) couldn't he let us in early and his reply was 'how do I know you've been here since then huh?'  Was not a helpful man grrrrrrr.........

In the scrum to get inside I lost everyone as I got held up by a bin grrr......They had decided to put bins by all the doors that weren't getting used.  So there was one door with a bin next to it if you get my meaning!!  There was another queue formed inside and I couldn't see Trina or anyone, although inside I was panicking like mad I joined the back of the queue!!  I ended up standing next to a guy from QOL (Monty is his board name don't know his real name!) who was absolutely fuming!!  Apparently some bloke had pushed in near him and the Maltese people and because this guy was pushing when the doors were opened they kept their side back until this guy stopped.  In the end this random guy managed to get in before Monty and the Maltese.  Monty had joined the queue during the day just after Trina and myself.  I was fine about being seperated from Trina but I knew she would be worrying.  I couldn't even phone her coz I didn't have my phone on me.......the lady Monty was with offered me hers, but I declined hoping on all hope that Trina would enjoy herself if I couldn't find her again.  The stewards came round and took our tickets and gave us wristbands.  They eventually started letting people in, only a few at a time as the steps down into the arena were so steep with no railings!!  I got down them in one piece and headed straight for the barrier calling for Trina.

To be continued..............More surprises to be had!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Throwing condoms ?   hehehe!   You must spend so many hours queueing .....THATS dedication...:-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ooh, did you find Trina?  
Did the condom thing go to plan?
Sounds like alot of fun :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Have a vivid picture of the crush to get in Jen.  What fools putting bins in the way lolol.  Crazy idea with the condoms and trust boots to do an offer lol.  Can appreciate the worry on losing Trina can't wait to find out if you found her. Aww that was lovely of the lady, she's a good en.  I'm thinking you really enjoyed yourself, it comes through in the writing.  Roll on the next part~xxR