Wednesday 30 August 2006

Part 3 - Rock On

Hi everyone - hope you had a good weekend :-)  I went away for the weekend but there'll be more about that at a later date xx Firstly here's Part 3
 
SUNDAY
Went for breakfast and took Sam with us this time as nobody checks regarding the rooms and we’d been pretty lucky getting her in so far ;)  We then decided what to do for the rest of the day.  As we are Queen fans and we were in London it seemed pretty sensible to go stalking then to Freddie’s house.  I won’t go into details about this as it doesn’t seem right but it was a nice morning with beautiful weather again.
 
We caught the bus to Freddie’s house and stood outside for a while taking some pics and having a break from walking etc.  We also tried to decide what to do next as it was too nice yet again to do something indoors.  By this point Alison had turned up so it was nice to meet her again, after briefly meeting her at the convention.  The decision was made that we would spend the afternoon lazing around in Hyde Park and would pop into Somerfield on the way to get some snacky foods for a picnic.  So that’s what we did!!
 
Hyde Park was busy but we managed to find a spot on the grass and made ourselves comfortable.  Alison and Brigitte were discussing the fan club, Sarah and Jamie were playing some game, Sam and Trina were in deep discussion as they had been most of the weekend, and Coops, Eliza and I were enjoying the sunshine.  I couldn’t stop looking at these two blokes that were fighting with their arms it looked so odd!!  At one point somebody moaned that it was too hot in the sunshine so we moved over to the shady area.  There was a family with some young children in the same area and one of the little boys kept chucking sticks at Sam.  Alison had to leave during the afternoon so she took a group piccie and said her goodbyes.  We wandered back to the hotel around 5ish (I think!) to freshen up for the evenings entertainment.
 
Once everyone was happy we caught another bus to the Hard Rock Café.  I had never been, so felt it would be a good ending to the weekend and Coops was a member so would be able to get us in quicker (she was my new best friend lol).  We all knew there was Queen Memorabilia in there as Sarah and some of her friends had been a few weeks before.  It looked like it was busy and they managed to find a table for 9 of us but we had to wait for them to get it cleared.  Once they had, we went and sat down, but Brigitte and I decided to go and look in the merchandise shop.  She wanted one of their hats, I didn’t technically want anything just thought I would go and have a bit of a nose!!  I decided the bottle openers were really cool but I didn’t buy anything (didn’t think I could afford their prices.)  Once we’d had a good enough snoop around we joined the others and decided to order our food.  Trina had taken the liberty of getting me a drink.  If I remember rightly it was ‘sex on the beach’ as it contained Freddie’s favourite vodka lol………bless her!!  Our waiter (bless him) kept coming round with drinks etc and singing along to whatever was on the TV screens at the time.  I laughed that he was serenading us, so he placed his hands on my shoulders and kept singing – I’m pretty sure I went rather red at that point lol…………  We asked him if Queen were going to be played on the screens but he said it was all set programmes so he didn’t have a clue.  Eventually we ordered our food – Coops had ordered nachos and as it was a starter on the menu, I said, ‘you do realise you’ve only ordered a starter?’  She replied that she was aware of that but when it turns up I would see it’s plenty big enough for a main meal.  The conversation and drinks continued to flow whilst we waited for our food, Trina and I kept ourselves amused by taking the mick out of the music that was playing.  Have you ever seen/heard Bill Bailey’s How Can I Feel Pain song??  It was just like that!!
 
Eventually our food turned up and Coops was right!!  Her plate was absolutely huge and completely covered in nachos, cheese and god knows what else.  I had gone for a bacon cheeseburger with chips.  Trina had chicken I think with macaroni cheese on top.  It was all very nice but I couldn’t finish mine – there was too much!!  I had some of Coops though as I was intrigued and never had nachos before.  They were quite nice!!  We ordered our desserts – well some people did and the rest shared with them.  Before the desserts turned up We Are the Champions was played.  Mass party at our table, singing as loud as possible, again the whole place was watching us.  Jamie said that people clapped us at the end lol…………..It was fab!!  But back to the desserts Trina had gone for some ice cream treat that had cream, maltesers, chocolate brownie at the bottom, ice cream and lots of other stuff.  It was heavenly but the dish was very big and between the two of us it worked out to be too much!!  After desserts everyone seemed to go off on their own.  Jamie and Gabriel went to the museum bit in the merchandise shop.  Coops, Brigitte and Eliza all disappeared and Sarah was getting rather merry!!  When the girls did come back from the merchandise shop, I was trying to be nosey as to what Brigitte had brought but Eliza told me it was naughty things.  I was like but they don’t sell naughty things and tried to look in the bag but she stopped me!!  I gave up after that!!   When everyone had returned we had a group pic taken by the guitar which is signed by Queen J  there is also gold discs and a coat worn by Brian during his time in a band called 1984.  It was a really good night, such a laugh and made me even more depressed as I did not want to go home the next day.
 
We made our way back to the hotel and the plan was we were going to stay up and have some drinks but unfortunately this did not happen as most of us were pretty tired.  Lightweights I know lol Eliza, Brigitte and Coops stayed up though!!
 
Hope you enjoyed that :-)  Part 4 - the final part coming soon
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

arrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh why are my comments not working?? :(

Anonymous said...

oh dear lord...................

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! I've been to loads of Hard Rock Cafes all over the world, I know the merchandise is pricey but the foods great! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Back to normal - what the ????

Anonymous said...

Wasn´t sunday a great day? I enjoyed so much lazing in the Hyde Park! And monday.. still feel sad when I come to think of the farewell scene... Thanks for the summary of the whole weekend, Jen. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant time you had....loved the pics.
You've made me hungry now, reading about all that food!!
Looking forward to part 4.
Hugs,
Ains xxx