Monday 21 August 2006

J-Land's Anniversary

  Well what can I say??!!  The day I return to the magical world of J-land and it appears we are in the midst of celebration and so many beautiful journal entries to read today - really makes me feel so happy and glad that I've returned :-)  God bless you all xx  So instead of the entry I had planned (aka the start of telling you my gossip!!) I've decided to join in with the entry for the day..............................

MY PAST YEAR IN J-LAND!!

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that nearly 2 years down the line would I still be writing this blog.  It all started when I split from my ex and moved in on my own.  I had to have the internet, I couldn't live without it (sad huh??), so I found AOL and waited patiently for my pack to arrive.  When it did I installed it with much eagerness and logged on.  Whilst browsing the home page I saw the sign for the blogs.  Had a quick look at what it was all about and decided to go for it!!  I wanted my own webpage but never knew where to start and what would I really put on it if I did manage to get myself sorted long enough to make one.  Here I have one already made, all I had to do was make it look good and it gave me a place to write my thoughts, what I got up to and later on it would give me a place to log the concerts I had been too!!

So I made my first entry!!  To be honest the first person's blog I found was Gary's :-)  At the time I had done a search for Queen and his blog came up.  I couldn't believe it, he mentioned my favourite album and possibly one of my favourite songs.  Bless him he read my journal and when I was concerned that no-one was reading it, he told me how to get out there and advertise it!!  I think Stuart was one of the first readers too, along with the lovely rachael and Claudia, Jeannette, Sara...........but so many more beautiful people came along later....Sandra, Jan, Debbie, Ainsley, Jeannette (travels), etc etc...sorry if I've missed your name my mind has gone blank lol.........

A big thank you should go to those people who make and share the graphics with us too!!  Dianna, Donna, etc etc.............xx

Since then I have gone out there and read some fantastic entries - things that will make you laugh, things that will make you cry and things that will make you go awwwww.....the people who I've met through this cyberspace world are lovely and are there when we need them.  I only hope that they can say the same about me ??!!  LOL.....

It's amazing that we're here celebrating the 3rd anniversary - but all I can say is here's to the next 3 years *cheers everyone*

Love to you all

 

p.s all links mentioned to the above fellow journallers can be found in the favourite journals section ;-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said earlier I have missed you dear ,and am so pleased you are back amongst us where you belong ,still looking forward to hearing all your news ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a great entry Jen.
I just love journalling......I've met so many fantastic people, yourself included of course!
Love and hugs,
Ains xxxx

Anonymous said...

So good to have you back M'dear. Look forward o hearing all your goss later. B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - nice to see you back !
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you again! What a day to make an entrance! I hope you've managed to plough through the alerts with everybody's birthday entries posted! Happy 3rd birthday! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Coooool pic Jen, I like that, shades are great.  Happy anniversary to you, how else would I keep my music mania up to date except through the concerts you attend.......you've got the bottle to go there I haven't :) Rache

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,  It`s lovely to have you back and what a time to arrive too, right in the middle of the celebrations.  You certainly know how to make an entrance....lol!  I`m glad I`ll be able to read your journal again. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

And cheers to you too Jen :-) I'm so glad to have met you mate! ((((((((hugs)))))))) J'Land is great!!!!!
lotsa love Deb ~xxxxxxxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Jen! Good to hear that you're rested and rearing to go. Great new picture by the way!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita