Tuesday 13 June 2006

Who'd have computers!!

This is a fairly quick update ~ don’t laugh I’m being serious ;-)  I’m having problems with my computer at home and the worst has happened.  Everytime I try to log onto AOL the stupid thing is rebooting itself or worse won’t recognise the modem.  I’ve tried everything I could think of to sort it out and I feel that as the whole thing is messing me about it’s time to do a system re-install arrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh…………..  I know it’s a drastic measure and I don’t even wanna talk about all the stuff I’m gonna loose L  But it’s not talking my language and keeps telling me there’s faults here, there and everywhere so it’s the only thing I can do!!  I’m warning you coz I won’t be able to read the alerts and I shall be turning them off at least until next week.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

 

I shall miss you guys – it’s so horrible being offline but at least I won’t be home much during this week.  Tomorrow it’s my birthday – and yes I shall cry if I want to ;-)  LOL only joking………..well the way this week is going I wouldn’t be surprised if I did lol……..I am going out for a meal with Trina and Wayne and at the weekend we are going to see the Foo’s in Manchester YAY!!

 

Anyway just to bring you up to date ~ I’ve found a flat and the best news is it’s only 5 doors away!!  So at least I shall save on mover’s fee’s lol…….It is a little bit more expensive but it has a view of the river, built in wardrobes and a serving hatch from the kitchen to the living room J  Luxury lol……..  It’s on the second floor so I’ll get some exercise from the stairs which is a good thing!!  Been sorting it all out at the weekend after viewing it on Friday, I went and viewed another one on Saturday but didn’t like it and couldn’t stop thinking about the one I saw on Friday.  So I rang the agent on Saturday to say I’d take it ~ rung my current landlord to see if I have to wait for the two months to be up or can I go earlier etc etc……..In between those calls I was on the phone to Trina most of the time moaning and groaning lol……..So the moving ball is in motion and hopefully at the beginning of July I shall be in the new flat J  *fingers crossed*

 

Yesterday I tried ringing my bank to find out how much they charge for the agent to take up a banker’s reference ~ a simple enough question you would assume!!  OH NO!!  Woman I spoke to first didn’t know and put me through to some foreign sounding bloke who asked what I wanted from my account.  I explained it to him twice – the 2nd time speaking a bit slower (LOL that sounds bad doesn’t it??)  He said he would have to speak to his supervisor and then he hung up!!  Can you believe it??  I was not amused!!  I shall try again and if I can’t find out I shall have to go into the branch and moan at them!!

 

Anyhoo I shan’t babble on anymore – just wanted to update you J  I shall hopefully be back on line if not later in the week then definitely next week!  Until then my avid readers and friends take care xx

 

p.s if and when I can I shall be checking my emails if any of you wish to contact me for any reason whatsoever lol……………don’t feel you have to just coz I mentioned that…………..*rolls eyes at herself*

 

Best wishes to you all xx

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your new flat, it sounds nice and it's near to your old one so you won't feel like you've really moved. I had to do a system re-install once when I'd only had my computer a couple of weeks. I didn't lose anything in the process! The screen message said I could install it back to a date it worked properly so I did that. Have a lovely birthday tomorrow, don't over indulge on the jelly and ice cream! Have a great time in Manchester too! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Are you sure its your computer? AOL are doing some thing today!!improvements would you believe ?So pleased you have found another flat that you like,and nice and handy ,no removals involved,Have a lovely break ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh HAPPY BIRTHDAY :o) Enjoy the Foo fighters i like them too so am jealous...glad you've found a new flat and cool it's so close to where you are now...Can just see you walking up the street carrying everything LOL   Caff xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday for tomorrow Jen and wheyhey!!! good news on the flat.  Sorry for stupid PC though......thump it for me. Will be here waiting when it decides to behave and........if u need us then try an e.mail to us if u can't get into the journal, always here for you.

and now give PC another thump! just for good measure :) Rache

Anonymous said...

Jen Jen Jen!!!  
Happy Birthday to you for tomorrow m'dear, I hope you have a fab time at the weekend with Trina and Wayne :o)  
Fantastic news about the flat, just five doors away, lol, how's that for a nice simple move - if there is such a thing!!  I'm so glad you found somewhere you like, in the area you're used to.
Hope you get your computer probs sorted, horrible when you can't get online isn't it :o(  
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Fiorst of all delighted you have found a new flat and such a easy move barring the stairs up and down you will loose pounds when you move think I will come and help.  Have a Happy birthday tomorrow and I hope you have a good time with your friends.  Hopping you are back online soon I will miss you. LOve Joan.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Jen!   Danny is now in the same boat as you flat-wise, his landlady is selling up and he has six weeks to find a place, I can`t say that he`s overjoyed at the prospect either!  I`m glad you`ve found a place so close to home, it`ll make the move so much easier for you.  What a shame about your PC, though you should have backed up all your file....naughty girl...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding a new flat - and so close too. Very handy. Hope you have a nice weekend and a happy birthday tomorrow.
Darn computers, sometimes they need a damn good thrashing.
See you after the re-fit. B. x

Anonymous said...

great news on the flat, not so great about having to reformat :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen - hope you get puter sorted soon - dont they drive you mad - neway Im back on alerts now - just dropping in to see whatyour up to. Love Laine xxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/MyArtWorld/

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the Foo's!! I hope you see lots that i missed..lol If Motorhead are supporting im not going to be happy..lol