Thursday 8 June 2006

Takin' a Break

Hiya everyone x
 
Sorry for such a long delay since the last update but I've been concentrating on estate agents websites - well letting agents (same difference lol)  Plus I'm behind in the alerts again only up to Tuesday's and it's Friday tomorrow *tut tut*
 
Well let's bring you up to speed.........I went away for the weekend to London to meet my German friends and other Queen buddies (better write up about that will come at a later date, not in the mood to type it up yet lol) but for now I shall leave you with a piccie :-)  Me and my girlies - love to 'em all if their reading xx
 
 
Turned my mobile back on, during Monday when I came home to a message from the estate agents grrr......Also found they had put the for sale sign up whilst I was away - well if I wasn't depressed before I certainly was then!! 
 
Rung the estate agents back on Tuesday and apparently the couple who wanted to look round had changed their minds - yay!!  Spent Wednesday lunchtime outside and managed to pluck up the courage to ring a potential letting.  Got an appointment to view it on Saturday.  The ad says it's top floor with views over the riverside :-)  I left work at 4.30pm and took a walk to find it.  Managed to do so and the area seems nice.  It's residents parking but there is a parking meter on the road for days from 9-6 or something like that - so it wouldn't be too bad for Trina and Wayne to visit me :-)  Decided to email some letting agents to find out if certain flats were available.
 
Today at lunchtime as I'd not received any calls regarding my mails I checked my inbox and there was a response from one saying the two I'd enquired about were available.  So I thought I'd ring and book a viewing for one in particular.  Whilst I did the estate agents rung again for another viewing (their still not telling people there's a tennant!!)  Did I tell you about the first viewing lady??  My memory is useless!!  ~ checked blog apparently I haven't!!  Well she told me they hadn't told her I was a tennant and she got pretty miffed about it, she was in the market to buy to let and I said I wanted to stay on if she was to get it, think I put her off lol but she did say I looked comfortable here!!.........Anyway I digress...............so another viewing was booked for this evening at 7pm!!
 
I rung this letting agent and asked about this flat and they said it is available and I said can I view it.  He asked some questions like do you work, how much do you earn a month etc.........when I told him he was like you do realise the rent is ?? a month and on top of that council tax will be ?? a month........I was like yes I do, it's just a little bit more than what I pay now and I manage - it was so patronising it's unbelieveable.  I have worked out my finances and I can afford it so I'm declaring war on him lol........  Anyway I'm viewing it tomorrow at 7pm.  He wants me to ring at 6.30pm to ensure the appointment is still going ahead.
 
So are you wondering about this one??  Well it's in the same area as the one I'm in now - only in the block next door but it has a view of the river and that's the one thing I don't have.  I really like the sound of it but I can visualise things going wrong especially with that bloke!!  It's a good job he's put me off ~ it could have the potential to depress me!!  Still two flats to see - fingers crossed peeps :-)
 
Well what else is there to tell you??  Nothing really life is being governed by flat hunting ~ if I'm not actively seeking I'm thinking about it!!  Oh the viewing tonight went ok, she's looking to downsize and has cats ~ she seemed quite interested but it's so hard to tell isn't it?  Oh and I checked their website last night and the sneeky gits took a pic whilst I was away too..............lol  I'll just be glad to leave so they can take over their own damn viewings LOL.....
 
I think that's enough for one night........I shall attempt a write up of my weekend in London at some point - quiet at work at the mo so plenty of opportunity ;-) 
 
Until next time.........
Take care peeps xx
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be hard work trying to find a flat, go to work and arrange for people to view! I bet you'll be glad when it's over. I hope you get a nice place. The estate agent sounds a pillock! Does he think you'd rent a place you couldn't afford?! Look forward to hearing about your weekend in London. Only got a wireless alert for this again! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

So pleased you had a good weekend ,how depressing for you to come home to that set up are you obliged to do their showing for them ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you find something soon. Glad you managed to have a good weekend. B. x

Anonymous said...

*fingers crossed* for the flat with the view over the river! I hope all this flat-viewing will come to an end soon. (((hugs))) from Germany, coops

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great weekend. You sound really busy with all this flat business the sooner you get out of there and leave them to it the better. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about your weekend escapades!  Hope everything works out well for you flat-wise....it's a real pain in the bum, eh?!
Hugs,

Anonymous said...

That bloke sounds as though he might be hard work! Hope you find a really nice flat.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

You stick to your guns girl, if that's the flat you want when you see it, go for it, don't let silly man put you off!  Looks like you had fun with your friends, looking forward to hearing all the goss ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Some of these estate agents are a real pain, when Kerry and Slava were flat-hunting the last time I went with them and this sleazy guy was telling them how great this awful poky flat was, did he think they were stupid?  What a pity that lady didn`t buy your flat, maybe you wouldn`t have to move then.  Good luck with the search, you`ll find what you`re looking for soon. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey babe! Love to you as well! xxx
And chin up, hun! ((((hugs))))